1 Cakes & Louie: Oh My NOLA

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Oh My NOLA

The buildings. The people. The music. The food. The feeling overall. Everything about New Orleans makes me happy. And today, we're heading back!



I fell head over heels for Dan on a service trip just outside of New Orleans after the hurricanes. We went back 2 years later for more service work and the memories of both trips are some of my most treasured.



The last time Dan and I were there, he woke up early one morning and snuck out to a little jewelry shop to buy my engagement ring. I still remember him coming back into our hotel room WAY too energetic for that time of morning and bringing me a banana and gatorade to remedy my hangover. I had no idea he had just purchased the ring that I would ultimately wear for the rest of my life, but I am so grateful I have that memory because even without my knowing, it was an incredibly important moment in our relationship!




This time, we're traveling with some of our best friends and I couldn't be more excited. I cannot wait to soak it all up again (along with soaking up a bit of the sun we are severely lacking here in Chicago).



There's showings and inspections and all kinds of good stuff going on at the house while we're gone, so the timing worked out pretty perfectly. I'm heading back to my very favorite place with some of my very favorite people. It's going to be a great few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment